Friday, October 25, 2013

Movie reflection

I selected this film because it has the highest score, and the fact is this movie blow my mind. I used to watch a few movies which describe artist, like<The Pianist> which I found very boring. This is a great film with creative ideas and fabulous painting. The movie tells a story about Mexican artist Frida. I remember a few clips which I felt touching my heart. After the trolley bus incident, she was terribly injured. The movie used clay animation which describes the horrible impression of hospital in a perfect way. After that, Frida couldn’t walk, she was lying on the bed all the time, and she started to paint on her gesso, a creative idea.
Another clip which really touching me is Frida’s father has never given up on her. I have a very complicated relationship with my father. In fact, I have never felt father’s love, but I still cried because of Frida’s father.
            Frida used to say that there are two incidents happened to her life, one is the bus, another one is her husband, and her husband far worse than the first one. Indeed, Frida’s husband, Diego is a disaster. He used to cheat on her a lot of time, and he even slept with her sister which broke her heart.
            As a great artist who in pain both mentally and physically, Frida created so many artworks that express the feeling of lonely man in pain. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello John,

    Frida, a great movie that I has seen in my life and the actress Salma Hayak did astounding job in this movie. I am also so touched by this movie and feel how strong Frida was in her whole life. Husband Diago Rivera was bad, but great support and inspiration in her artist career.
    As you say, I also recommend this movie to see once in your life to understand her paintings. She paint each and every important moment in her life and I love the moment that she went to the art gallery for her own exhibition when she couldn't walk. Therefore she went with her bed in a big truck to visit her fans.

    I love this movie.

    Thank you, John for sharing your thought.
    good luck.

    ReplyDelete